We’ve had some good recipes lately. Here’s one we had tonight. These were seriously SOOOOOO easy and the best part was is that I usually have all these ingredients so I’m sure we’ll be making these again, and my husband LOVED them and gobbled them down in a matter of minutes.
- 12 tortillas
- 2 egg whites
- 1 can refried beans
- this recipe called for 1/2 block 16 oz. pkg. Velveeta but I used shredded cheese and it was great!
- it also called for 1/2 can RO*TEL® Diced Tomatoes & Chiles, but I just used half a can of diced tomatoes and about 3/4 can of diced green chiles
- 2 TB vegetable oil
- Monterey Jack cheese
- Place beans, RO*TEL®, and VELVEETA® in a pot and heat until cheese is all melted.
- Then warm up your tortillas so they are easier to work with.
- You will then add egg whites to a bowl and mix with whisk. You will add beans to the middle of your tortilla, sprinkle with cheese and then add egg whites all around your beans and fold up. To fold start with one side and fold up an inch and then fold sides and then add more egg white where you make the last fold.
- Flash-fry chimis by placing in a pan of 2 TB Vegetable oil on medium heat. Heat on both sides for a minute or so. Place fried chimis back onto a pan seam-side down.
- After finishing flash-frying your chimis, back at 350 for 12-15 minutes.